The following is done within Name.com:
- Log in to your Name.com account and click My Account at the top.
- Click my domains in green, on the left.
- Click on the domain name you wish to create an C record for.
- Click DNS Records on the left.
- Here you will create the cname record:
- Change the drop-down menu Type to CNAME, set the Host field to www, and then enter oncarrot.com into the answer field. Then click the blue Add Record button.
Once the records are created, the domain should be pointing to the web server within 24 hours.
If you have trouble configuring your CNAME records, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
To redirect your base domain, follow the guide here.
Add a forward on the domain, that goes to the domain with www. in front ie. http://www.myexamplesite.com
Enter these options: